Saturday, January 3, 2009

Rods Shoot.

Ok..here goes ...my first real post.
The shoot was for one of my school assignments.

From Rod Shoot Rough Cuts


Lighting was a Vivitar 285Hv in a shoot through umbrella righ above me. The light you see under the bike (the warm color at the radiator) was a sb800 at 1/128 power and the hair light was another sb800 at 1/16th (snooted) if I remember right.


Its great to have a willing and enthusiastic model , especially when you are dealing with gear which refuses to work properly. The 285 I was using for the main light was synced with a ordinary sync cord attached to a slave unit, which was in turn being triggered by the on camera flash at its lowest power. I actually had to have the slave in one hand in front of the pop up flash so that the pop up wouldn't show up in the headlight. The slave wasn't being very reliable that day. The sbs never missed a beat in the SU-4 mode,though.
Oh....I use a D70 by the way!

Ive put a whole load of images right from start to finish on my picassa page which can be viewed here

1 comment:

  1. hey Sudhir....blog's looking good. add me to your blog roll ! :)

    ReplyDelete